Saturday, July 24, 2010

New York, New York

Jeff's family came into town to visit NYC and to enjoy Claire's birthday.  We visited the city on Saturday and tried to hit the highlights.  It was hot, around 97 degrees (heat index of 105), but we were OK with all the bottled water we brought and the shade from the tall buildings.

Our first stop was Ground Zero.  They have set up a small museum to show visitors what the memorial will look like when its completed in 2011.  It was really moving and I got a little bit emotional.  It really brought back all my memories from September 11.  They had a neat memorial made with the Statue of Liberty.
Then we walked down to Wall Street.  Here's Jeff, finance guru, on Wall Street.

Then we went to Time's Square.  Here's all the Butlers!
While we were at Time's Square we visited Toys R Us.  Its so huge!  They even have a ferris wheel inside.

At Toys R Us we spotted a celebrity.  How exciting!

About this time our camera battery died...so we started taking pictures with Jeff's cellphone.  When I finally get him to download those pictures for me I'll add them back into this post.

Next we went to Rockefeller Center - I do love 30 Rock.  The NBC store was a lot of fun.  And we walked by the theater for the David Letterman show.  I really like that show too, but it comes on a 12am on the east coast so I rarely see it anymore.  I miss my DVR.  Then we walked by the Manhattan Temple.  I can't wait to be able to go to a session there.  And we finished our tour of the city by walking through a corner of Central Park.

We came home and swam in the pool to cool off and enjoyed some pizza.  It was a really good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment