Sunday, May 30, 2010

Boston - Day 2

On our second day in Boston we walked along the Freedom Trail, a collection of sites important to the American Revolution.  We started at the Boston Common, the oldest public park in the US.  There was a beautiful display of flags representing all of the soldiers from Massachusetts that had died in any US war.
There was a half marathon race going on while we were touring.  It was really exciting to me because I'm planning on running my first half marathon in late August (although I'm having trouble staying motivated with my training). I almost look like a race participant - aside from the baby on my hip!
After the Freedom Trail we went to Chinatown and ate Dim Sum for lunch.  I had eaten Dim Sum before, but never on my own.  It was quite the adventure.  Most of the food was pretty good, but I picked out a few unrecognizable things.


I didn't recognize this dish - but Jeff was quick to spot the tentacles and little suction cups.  We're guessing there was octopus in it.


After lunch we took a nap break at the hotel.  After resting we went to the Public Garden, which was very beautiful.


The we rode the subway to Cambridge and did a little walking tour of the Harvard Campus.  The Harvard buildings are nice, but I was not impressed with the grounds.  I guess I've taken for granted how beautiful BYU's grounds always are.


The Harvard motto engraved over one of the campus entrances says, "Enter to Grow in Wisdom".  Quite the contrast to BYU'S "Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve"


After walking around, we stopped at JP Licks for some ice cream.  Claire got her first taste of ice cream and she loved it!  I wouldn't have let her have any, but Jeff "claims" he didn't know any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment