Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Robin...the saga continues

Well, the dinosaur and tiger were just a minor distraction to the birds.  the next day we found the tiger topped on his side (and we know the wind didn't do it).  The triceratops wasn't quite as lucky....he had been pushed off the edge if the pillar, plummeting to his death (if he'd been alive).  In his place, on top of the pillar, was a nice new nest.

We know these robins mean business, but we are not backing down!

I didn't want to do it, but I felt we had no other option...we hammered nails through a board to make spikes to put on top of the pillars.  I've seen similar things used to deter pigeons from businesses.  I didn't want to hurt the birds, but I definitely don't want to be spending my summer cleaning up bird poop.  I thought for sure this would work.

Well, this morning when I came downstairs,  there were the robins....in a nice new nest, on to of the spikes.  It didn't even phase them!

Jeff has some more ideas up his sleeve...hopefully something works!

3 comments:

  1. Try a rubber snake! My mom used to do that to keep birds out of her garden, and it worked pretty well. Maybe the birds weren't afraid of the dinosaur and the tiger because they didn't know what they were. ?? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are some serious birds. Good luck. I love the updates, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete