Sunday, May 20, 2012

Robin

We have a cute little robin family that really wants to nest on our front porch.  I really like robins, but not when they try to take over my home.  We have been battling nature since we moved into our house a year ago with the woodpeckers, moles, and bees.  The robins are the last straw.

We noticed their nest about a month ago and decided to take it down since it was empty.  My dad assured me that the robins would renest.  We recently found they had renested.....in the exact same spot! Jeff put his old stinky lawn-mowing shoes on their nesting ledge hoping that his smell would scare them away (it would have worked with me).  But they just came back today and started building their nest on top of his shoe!

We decided to try to scare them away with some wildlife of our own.  We put a tiger on one ledge and a triceratops on the other ledge.  I sure hope this works!




No comments:

Post a Comment