Monday, January 23, 2012

DisneyWorld - Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom is my favorite Disney theme park.  I just love the lush, tropical setting.  I love seeing the animals.  I love Asia and Africa and how I feel transported to those places.  And I love Expedition Everest (an awesome roller coaster that runs into the Yeti)...a lot.

Here I am waiting for the bus at our hotel, anxiously awaiting our adventure.  Notice it is sunny, and warm.  This was the complete opposite of the weather we left behind in Washington!

Lily and Claire loved playing the drums at Animal Kingdom.  I think they have a percussionist streak from Jeff.  Here's a video of Claire singing Jungle Bells while she drums.



We saw DiVine, which was something we had missed on our last trip to Disney World.  She is a street performer that has very good camouflage and looks like a moving plant.

As we were heading to the Asia jungle trail a cast member noticed my "Happy Anniversary" button (Yay! 7 years!).  He told me that I had a phone call.  I went over and answered the phone and Mickey and Minnie were on the line to wish me a happy anniversary and sing me a song.  It was a really fun surprise!

We saw lots of animals including some flying foxes (huge bats) and cool birds.



We enjoyed the parade and then went home.  Claire slept through the parade.  We really enjoy the cars for each of the characters; they are packed to go camping.  Minnie Mouse has a mountain of luggage and perched on top is a bubble bath...absolutely essential.

Goofy's car is towing his smoking grill.  So funny!

After Animal Kingdom, we went to Downtown Disney for dinner.  On our way, we passed the lego store and they had some amazing creations. This is the seven dwarves.

We ate at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant.  Yum!  And then we went into a toy store to play with Mr. Potato Head. 



Then, some of the cast members at the store pulled Lily and Claire aside and started a tea party.  The girls loved it.  Afterwards, they each got to pick out a pin.  Lily got Minnie Mouse and Claire picked Tinkerbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment