Saturday, December 3, 2011

Making Gingerbread Houses and the Santa Parade

I wanted to make Gingerbread houses with the girls this year, but I didn't want to buy a million bags of candy that I don't even like to eat.  I saw that they had a craft at the library to make them, but by the time I got around to signing up they were already full.  However I noticed during my 6am run to the local grocery store (I really needed more corn starch for Joy School that morning) that they were also going to have a free time to come and make gingerbread houses.  Hooray!

Jeff helped Claire and I helped Lily.  It was really fun to see how different our houses looked even though we used the same materials.  The girls had a lot of fun.  I even managed to get the gingerbread houses home safely and displayed them throughout the holiday season.




After we made gingerbread houses we went to downtown Sumner for the Santa Parade.  It was fun to experience the parade in the historic downtown area.  It was actually pretty crowded!  It was also very enjoyable because it was sunny (sometimes rare during a Seattle area winter).


No comments:

Post a Comment