Saturday, December 24, 2011

Cookies for Santa

On Christmas Eve, the girls and I decorated sugar cookies for Santa.

I have not found the perfect sugar cookie recipe...in fact the sugar cookie is my baking nemesis.  They either are tough, or too cakey, or the dough is so soft it just coats everything it touches.  So this year, I bought a mix thinking that would be better.  Nope!  We skipped the cookie cutters and just had round, drop-style sugar cookies instead.  I wasn't going to fight with the dough...Santa would know and then I wouldn't get any presents.

We did have fun decorating though.  Lily's first move was to dump about half a bottle of yellow sprinkles on one cookie...then we had to re-use those sprinkles and we ended up with more yellow and italian-flag (red, green, and yellow) cookies than I would've liked.  Oh well.  Santa didn't mind.

Here's the finished product.

Here's Claire after sampling the cookies.  Yes, that is frosting up her nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment