Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

One of our friends had some extra admissions to a local pumpkin patch she got from Groupon and invited us to go with her family. We had a great time getting lost in the corn maze.  The hayride was so muddy that it felt more like a monster truck ride than a hayride.  The girls each got a coloring book and mini pumpkin to take home. Such a fun fall day!




Oh yea, and those awesome pumpkin shirts were made by me!  It was really easy.  I sewed a long straight stitch along about half a spool of thick orange ribbon and then gathered it.  I pinned it in a circle, working from the outside in and sewed it in place.  I sewed a loop of brown ribbon for the stem in place first.  It took me about 2 hours to make them both.  Most of the time was spent figuring out that I should work from the outside in (and not the other way around).

No comments:

Post a Comment