Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Camping Trip

For Labor Day we went camping with my parents, my sister, and her boyfriend, Dan.  I had been urging my parents to plan a camping trip for us all because I don't feel like I get to see them often enough.  We went to Dead Horse State Park, which is right in between Arches and Canyonlands near Moab.

The trip was fantastic, except for a few minor problems: Jeff forgot our tent poles so we all had to cram into my parents tent, it was REALLY hot so we'd have to go to the visitor's center to get a little dose of AC, and the wind was relentless.  The wind was so bad that it blew the tent (the one we were all sharing) down in the middle of the night so we had to sleep in the car.

I love camping with my parents.  Its fun to see them, but its also nice to have someone more responsible than you there to help you if you run into problems...and we always seem to run into problems camping.  :o)  It was nice to have some babysitters too so Jeff and I could go off and have some some adventures.  We went on a couple of hikes that were really beautiful and we tried out a mountain biking trail.  It was a little bit scary, but REALLY fun!

Here are some pictures I wanted to share.







Oh, and did I mention that Dan is Jeff's cousin??

No comments:

Post a Comment