Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Learning about Dinosaurs

Its kinda hard to live in a small apartment without all of your regular belongings.  Its tough on the girls too because they get really bored.  This morning it was rainy and we needed more entertainment so I decided we were going to learn about Dinosaurs.  We went to the library to get a bunch of books about dinosaurs, then we came home to read and play games.  We enjoyed jumping from pillow to pillow avoiding the "sticky goo", dancing like a dinosaur, and making dinosaurs and dinosaur eggs out of Wikki Sticks.   Here are Claire's dinosaur eggs.  I thought they turned out great.


Below, Lily is showing me her baby dinosaurs.  They have long necks, but she told me they haven't grown feet yet....poor things.


For lunch Lily wanted to eat dinosaur food.  I told her that a lot of dinosaurs ate leaves and then I made her a spinach salad.  She ate a few leaves, but lost interest after a while.  At least I tried to feed her something healthy.

So despite the weather, we had a pretty good day.  I'm proud of myself.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! Very creative! We should do something like that even with all our toys around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a fun mom Tahlia! You've definitely inspired me! I'm glad you guys got to go to Chicago! And it looks like you're having fun on the west coast! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Way to come up with a great activity. Good Job i'm glad you are finding things to do, it is hard when you move to a new place.

    ReplyDelete