Saturday, August 21, 2010

My First Half Marathon

I did it!  I finished my first half marathon and I jogged the whole thing - no walking or stopping or any of that wimpy stuff.  13.1 miles of beautiful Hobble Creek Canyon scenery!  Melissa and I trained over the summer, even though she was in California and I was in New Jersey.  We jogged together the whole way and finished together and it was AWESOME.

We ran a 12-minute mile pace, which I hope to beat at my next half marathon.  I'm thinking of signing up for the Snow Canyon half marathon in Saint George in early November.

3 comments:

  1. It feels amazing to accomplish something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm doing a happy dance of victory for you. I'm so proud of you for doing that, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an accomplishment. I am so proud of you. Way to run the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete